A modern, contemporary matt white Italian kitchen fitted in a renovation of a traditional Regency Era property located in a conservation area of Harrogate, North Yorkshire.
Like most clients, the design-conscious couple had researched kitchens for some years before commissioning Innerform with their brief to design "a white, modern handle-less kitchen, with a large 'social' island".
At the time of our survey, the new kitchen was a living room with a fireplace on the outside wall. The concept design evolved quickly with the 'must-have' five-burner gas hob located on the outside wall for ease of extraction; they didn't want an enormous extractor over the island. The high ceilings (3450 mm) lent themselves to extra tall wall cabinets extending to a height of 2680 mm. The large feature window, seen on entering the room, asked not to be blocked by floor-to-ceiling tall-units. The suspended mid-height units offered a lightness in form, allowing the viewer to admire the window on entering.
Note, the low (80 mm) recessed plinths of the base units, the 45° profile at the end of the drawer panels and on the side panels on the island and drawers (by the window) elude to the impression of floating. The cantilevered overhang of the marble island adds to this lightness of form.
The client built an extension and knocked a passage through the old outside wall from the kitchen to create a new dining room. Innerform supplied a round dining table in matching marble, from Acerbis.
- Euromobil Filo Antis in Optic White Matt Lacquer.
- Optic white matt lacquer plinths and handle-less profiles.
- Horizon stainless steel back panel, supplied by Euromobil.
- Arabescato Cochia marble worktops 30 mm thickness, gloss polished. Note, the Evoline 3 Port pop up socket, with 2 x USB ports on the island.
- Siemens steam oven, conventional oven and combination microwave oven with warming drawer. Siemens dishwasher on the island.
- Five-burner gas cooking hob, by ABK Innovent with a 4 mm stainless steel cooking plate, flush-mounted into the marble work surface.
- The fridge-freezer was an existing American style appliance.
- The extractor body is a custom design, supplied by ABK Innovent to fit within the overall smooth look of the wall cabinets while meeting gas safety regulations. There is an internal-external extraction motor, located away from the extractor body, and sound insulated in the upper cabinet. The operation of the extractor is almost silent.
Sink and Tap
- Kohler 8 Degree 1/2 Stainless Steel Under-Mount Sink with a basket strainer and wine glass holder.
- Quooker Fusion Round brushed chrome constant hot water and mixer tap with Pro 3 (litre) water tank located in the sink cabinet.
- The wall cabinets have flush-mounted built-in LED strip lights in the base.
- Recessed LED rectangular spots plastered flush into the ceiling.
- Over the island, two 800 mm diameter PostKrisi feature lights by Cattelani & Smith to add a touch of glamour.
- Innerform supplied an engineered oak 45° Chevron Pattern 610 x 90 x 11 mm staves, lacquered finish, tongue and groove, with a micro-bevel edge.
- The chevron pattern is a classically contemporary style that complements the modern kitchen, fitted in the hallway and the rest of the ground floor rooms to respect the properties history.
- Around £40,000 inc Vat, plus construction work and installation.